A SPECIAL MESSAGE
BOARD OF GOVERNORS
November 9, 2017
Dear Students, Faculty, Staff, and Friends:
The search for the next chancellor of the State System is underway!
We are fortunate to have an excellent search committee. In accordance with our policy, the committee comprises the Board’s executive committee and up to three other individuals appointed by the Board chair. It’s vitally important that our search process include the voices of those at our university campuses, so we’ve included a student, a faculty member, and an administrator on the committee.
Our committee includes:
• Cindy Shapira (Search Chair), chair of the Board
• Harold Shields (Search Co-Chair), vice chair of the Board; chair of the Human Resources Committee;
chair of the Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Trustees
• David Maser, vice chair of the Board; chair of the Finance, Administration, and Facilities Committee
• Tom Muller, chair of the Audit Committee
• Ryan Long, president of the Student Government Association at West Chester University of Pennsylvania
• Dr. Laura Delbrugge, faculty member; chair of the Foreign Languages Department at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
• Dr. Donna Wilson, provost and senior vice president of academic affairs at Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
We held a kick-off meeting earlier this week to plan our work ahead and hope to be done in time to name the next chancellor in the summer. (We will be launching a website soon so you can track the progress.) The State System is moving in the right direction, and we’re confident our nationwide search will find the right person to guide us into the future.
These are exciting times for our 14 universities, and the next chancellor will lead in shaping the renaissance of this System. We look forward to what the future brings!
Cindy Shapira Harold Shields
Chancellor Search Committee Chair Chancellor Search Committee Co-Chair