Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does each university have its own admissions application?
Yes. Each university has its own admissions application which can easily be accessed from the specific university website or by going to www.passhe.edu. With 1 click, you can learn more about or easily apply to any of the 14 State System universities by going to our “Apply Now” page.
2. Is the application fee amount the same at each university?
Each university determines its own application fee amount. To get information on the fee at each one of our 14 universities, click on the application links below.
3. Can I receive an application fee waiver?
There are many situations where it is appropriate for an admissions application fee waiver to be applied. For more information, click on the application links above.
4. Is there a matrix listing all of the majors available at each university?
The State System’s “What Should I Study” page allows you to search our 14 universities more than 37 Associate’s, 276 Bachelor’s, 161 Master’s and 10 Doctorate degrees by university or program.
5. Is the Board of Governor’s Scholarship transferrable from one State System university to another?
No. Each university develops its own criteria and procedures for the award that is then distributed to its students.
6. How long do I need to live in Pennsylvania to receive in-state tuition?
The determination for in-state tuition is controlled by state regulation and is outlined in the Board of Governor’s policy. University financial aid offices are also prepared to answer any questions you may have.
7. Are the admissions requirements the same at each State System University?
Admissions requirements are unique to each university. Use the links below to access each of our 14 universities’ admissions pages, and learn more about admissions requirements.