The Construction Support Office (CSO) is a component of the Facilities Management Office and supports the State System's 14 universities with a variety of facilities design and construction procurement-related functions.
Procurement of facilities projects is summarized in the document below:
Procurement of Facilities Projects
Facilities Projects Solicitations
The Office of the Chancellor has adopted an eProcurement system for solicitations. Ten of the 14 System universities are now using this site for most solicitations. Others are using their own web sites or the Pennsylvania eMarketplace site.
PASSHE eProcurement Exchange
New! -- Revised System Construction Contract
The System worked over the past several years to revise its construction solicitation and contract documents. The revised documents were finalized and published this past winter. Universities will be individually implementing this revised contract with new project advertisements starting this summer.
Design professionals and construction management firms actively serving universities should be aware of these new documents and familiarize themselves with them when the need arises.
Construction contractors should be aware of the new documents when they seek to bid on contract opportunities.
Contract documents template
Solicitation documents template
Centrally-Held Open-End Professional Contracts (including Contract Manuals)
CSO holds a variety of open-end Professional contracts, against which universities issue work orders.
CSO tentatively plans to issue an RFP for Commissioning Contracts (replacing COMM-2008) in January or February 2015.
CSO also tentatively plans to issue an RFP for Architectural/Engineering Contracts (replacing PROF-2010) in 2016.
Other Project and Contract Information
- System Commonwealth Capital Projects
- Significant University-Funded Projects
- University Open-End Professional Contracts
- Private Development of Student Housing, list of Prequalified Developers
- MBE/WBE Program
- Guaranteed Energy Savings Act (GESA) Projects
- PA E-Verify. The System is complying with Act 127 and the Commonwealth's implementation of it.
Links to Additional Project, Contract, and Contact Information
- DGS Professional Selections
- DGS Construction Advertisements for Bids
- Pennsylvania eMarketplace
- Pennsylvania Treasury E-Contracts Library
- Mid Atlantic BX
- University Facilities Contracting Web Sites -- current 4-2014
- University Facilities Contracting Points of Contact -- current March 25, 2014
- University Facilities Managers, Physical Plant Directors -- current June 3, 2014
- Architectural and Engineering Manual
Page Updated: July 8, 2014
Construction Support Office
Director of Construction Management
P: (717) 720-4131
Dorethe Drue Latin
P: (717) 720-4113