Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Dental/Vision Insurance
The AHCP does not offer dental or vision coverage to retirees. Here are some options that may be available to you:
·          If you are a retired faculty member, vision and dental coverage may be available through APSCURF (
·          If you are receiving a pension from or eligible to receive a pension from the Commonwealth/State System, vision and dental coverage may be available through PARSE (
Prescription drug coverage
If you are under age 65, you will have the same prescription coverage that you did as an active employee.
If you are age 65 or over, you will have the Signature 65 prescription drug discount plan. By utilizing the Highmark prescription drug discount card, you will pay less for your prescriptions and may request reimbursement by submitting a Major Medical Claim form to Highmark.

Group Life Insurance
Your employer-paid group life insurance coverage will cease on the last day of the month in which your employment ends. You will receive a conversion notice directly from MetLife. You have the option to convert the same or a lesser amount of your current group coverage into an individual insurance policy purchased at your own expense.
You may be eligible for continued insurance due to a disability through MetLife if you are proven to be totally disabled. For more information contact MetLife’s customer service unit at 855.972.5433.

Voluntary Benefits After Retirement
Voluntary Group Life (VGLIP) and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (ADD) insurance
Your VGLIP/ADD coverage will cease on your last day of employment. You will need to obtain a form from your human resource office to convert/port any existing coverage with CIGNA.
·         Portability vs. Conversion
Long Term Disability
LTD insurance will cease at the time of retirement.
Tax-Sheltered Annuity 403(b) (TSA)
Money can be withdrawn at any time after separation. Contact your financial advisor or vendor representative for more information.
Deferred Compensation 457
Money can be withdrawn at any time after separation. Contact your Empower representative for more information.
Flexible Spending Account
Remember to submit qualified expenses incurred prior to your date of separation.  Reimbursement from your medical account will not be permitted for expenses incurred after your last day worked, unless you elect COBRA coverage for FSA.