Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
 Turning 65
What happens when my spouse or I turn 65?
You will be automatically enrolled in our Signature 65 Medicare complement coverage, in which Medicare Part A is required and Medicare Part B may be required. Required enrollment in Medicare Part B depends upon your retirement date and bargaining unit participation. Approximately two to three months prior to the month in which you turn 65, the Central Benefits Office will send you an information packet including:


What if I turn 65 and my spouse is under 65 (or, if my spouse turns 65 before me)?
Only the person turning 65 will be moved to the Signature 65 plan. Anyone under 65 will remain in their current plan until they become eligible for Medicare.

Plan Information
Benefits are listed by your Highmark group number. You were provided your group number when you enrolled in AHCP or when you transitioned to Signature 65 coverage. You may also contact the Central Benefits Office or Highmark to obtain your group number. Click the applicable number below to view your benefit booklet.
·          025079-60, 61
·          025079-62
·          025079-63
·          028572-00 through 07
·          028572-08, 09
·          028572-10
·          028572-11
·          064222-00 through 09
·          064223-00 through 07
Contact Information
Have a question?
Phone: 717-720-4153
FAX: 717-720-4013
State System's Mailing Address
Pennsylvania’s State System
of Higher Education
Office of the Chancellor
Attention: AHCP Benefits
2986 N 2nd St
Harrisburg PA 17110