Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


State Employee Assistance Program

What is SEAP?

The State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP) is a free assessment and referral service for commonwealth employees and their family members; this includes everyone who lives in your house, as well as your parents, adult children, and siblings regardless of where they live.

How can SEAP help me?

SEAP provides a wide range of personal and work-related issues, such as:

  • Alcohol/Drug Problems
  • Parenting/Family Concerns
  • Gambling and Addictive Behaviors
  • Work-Related Problems
  • Marital and Relationship Problems
  • Coping with Grief and Loss
  • Eating Disorders
  • Depression
  • Abuse
  • Stress and Anxiety 

SEAP also provides:

- Financial Services

- Legal Services


Does SEAP Cost Anything?

No! your call to the SEAP hotline is free, and SEAP provides up to three face-to-face sessions for you (and each family member who accesses SEAP) with a SEAP counselor for each issues or problem, and the benefit renews each calendar year. Remember, you must call SEAP first to have all visits pre-approved.

There is no charge for the telephonic financial or telephonic legal consultation, which you can access by calling the SEAP hotline. If you want to hire an attorney, SEAP provides discounted legal mediation services. And you may access information on the Live and Work Well website as often as you want at no charge.


How do I get Started?

Enter the Access Code "Pennsylvania" on the Live and Work Well website or register and choose the "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania PEBTF" from the company providing benefits list.

Website Demo

Services are available 24/7 by calling 1-800-692-7459.  Each university has a designated SEAP coordinator in the Human Resources Office who also can answer questions about the program. The services provided by SEAP are strictly confidential - the System will not be notified unless you give written consent. 


Additional SEAP Information