Laws and Regulations
- College and University Security Information Act , 24 P.S. §§ 2502-1, et seq., 22 Pa. Code §§ 33.101, et seq. (Act 87)
- Jeanne Cleary Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (formerly the Campus Security Act)
- Criminal History Background Checks , 24 P.S. § 1-111, 22 Pa. Code §§ 8.1, et seq. (Act 34)
- Criminal History Record Information Act , 18 Pa. C.S.A. §§ 9101, et seq.
- Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act, Public Law No. 106-386
- Final Regulations: Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act , (Effective July 1, 2003).
- The Campus Sexual Assault Victim Bill of Rights (amends the Campus Security Act of 1990)
- Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989
- Havlik V. Johnson & Wales University (District Court of Rhode Island) A university student's assault on another student that occurred on public property triggered Clery Act obligations that required universities participating in federal student financial assistance programs to make timely reports to the campus community of crimes committed on public property that were considered to be a threat to students and employees. (May 11, 2007). This decision is not available online. If you would like a copy of the opinion, contact your university legal counsel.
Tutorial and Training Materials
- Campus Crime Statistics , ( U.S. Department of Education ).
- Guidelines on Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Amendment , Family Policy Compliance Office of the U.S. Department of Education (October 24, 2002).
- Guidelines for the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Amendment , U.S. Department of Education (October 25, 2002).
- Security on Campus, Inc.(SOC) is a non-profit agency whose mission is to assist in the monitoring and implementing of the Clery Act.
- Stetson Law Review, "Campus Violence Symposium" (Fall 2002)
- Campus Safety Audit, SOC (2006)
- Handbook for Campus Crime Reporting, U.S. Department of Education (2005)
- What Title IX Requires in Campus Rape Cases, SOC (2005)
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Clery Act, SOC
- International Travel Safety Information for Students, U.S. Department of State
- Safely Travel Abroad, U.S. Department of State
- Identity Theft Toolkit, Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General
- Travel Warnings for Individual Countries, U.S. Department of State
- Current Public Announcements for Individual Countries, U.S. Department of State
- Consular Information Sheets Issued for Individual Countries, U.S Department of State