The System has established Eastern and Western Regional Procurement Offices (RPO) to consolidate procurement operations across local universities to optimize personnel, improve skill sets, leverage spend, and create vendor synergies to generate efficiencies and reduce costs.
The Eastern RPO supports procurement requirements for Bloomsburg University, Cheyney University, East Stroudsburg University, Kutztown University, Lock Haven University, Mansfield University, Millersville University, and Shippensburg University. The Eastern RFP also manages construction support for ten universities.
The Western RPO supports procurement requirements for California University, Clarion University, Edinboro University, Indiana University, and Slippery Rock University. The Western RPO also manages strategic support activities for Right-to-Know requests and Council of Trustee reporting for all universities.
Services performed for these universities include:
- Local requirements gathering for university or regional procurements.
- Creation of purchase orders.
- Issuance of procurements.
- Vendor negotiations.
- Contract creation and management.
- Procurement Card support.
- Coordination with the Strategic Sourcing Office for systemwide procurements based on local needs.