​Transferring Credits with the Academic Passport

Some basic regulations determine which and how many credits you can keep when you transfer to your new university. If you are unclear about any of the following regulations, you may contact Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education or the university to which you are transferring.

To be eligible for an Academic Passport, you must have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0. If you’re a Lackawanna College or community college student with an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree, you must have earned at least 30 credits in liberal arts courses.

Up to a maximum of 45 general education credits and/or liberal arts credits that you earned may be used to meet lower division university general education requirements. Your remaining college level credits will be applied to the major or accepted as electives. A course by course match will not be required.

You may transfer credits from courses in which you received a “D” only if your overall GPA at that school (or those schools) is at least 2.0. Universities that require a “C” or above for specific courses will continue to do so.

You may not transfer remedial, developmental, or study skills courses.

When you transfer, credits from occupational and vocational courses usually won’t be accepted. Courses in certain technical fields may transfer, depending on the program. Contact an adviser for more specific information.

You’ll receive an evaluation of your credits before you enroll and pay tuition and fees.

If you’re a Lackawanna College, community college, or a State System student, the Academic Passport guarantees that you can transfer to any State System university, but it doesn’t assure your admission into specific programs. The universities maintain control over the admission process, especially in programs with limited openings for students and for which there are additional admission requirements.