At its July 2020 meeting, the Board of Governors authorized the Chancellor to review the financial impacts of potentially integrating operations at selected State System universities as part of Phase 3 of System Redesign. This effort is intended to help all State System institutions sustainably provide their students and their communities with affordable, quality higher education for years to come.
- Conduct a financial review of financial impacts of potential integrations (July - October 2020)
- Develop the implementation plan(s) for any integration(s) identified by the Board to move forward (October 2020 - April 2021)
- Share the implementation plan(s) with the public
- Submit the implementation plan(s) for final approval by the Board
- Begin implementation (July 2021 - August 2022)
Three deliverables will be presented at the October 2020 Board meeting:
This will outline an assessment of the value of potential integrations.
This will estimate the financial implications of proposed integrations, including enrollment impacts; revenue and expense impacts; asset, liability, reserve, and investment impacts; and local community, affiliated entity, and use of non-appropriated funds impacts.
Post-October Planning Process
This will outline the proposed implementation roadmap and needs for the project to move forward from October 2020 through April 2021.
University Integrations FAQs