COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) allows you or a dependent covered under medical, dental, vision and/or health care Flexible Spending Accounts benefits to continue coverage when it is lost due to any of the following qualifying status changes:
- Termination of employment (for reasons other than gross misconduct)
- A reduction in the number of hours of employment that affects benefits eligibility
- Divorce or legal separation/termination of eligible same-sex domestic partnership
- Employee’s death (for eligible dependents)
- Child ceases to be eligible for coverage
Optum Financial is the administrator of COBRA for the State System.
Customer Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
COBRA Open Enrollment - May 1-19, 2023
Open Enrollment is your only opportunity outside of a life event to change your COBRA coverage.
If you want to remain in the same medical plan and cover the same dependents, no action is required.
To change or drop coverage, please complete the enrollment form and return to:
PA State System of Higher Education
Benefit Department - COBRA OE
2300 Vartan Way, Suite 207
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Plan information varies depending on what employee group you were in as an active employee. View the pages below for the information applicable to you and your group number.
Group Numbers 025079-02, 03, 04, or 05
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
Annual Notices and Disclosures
|Nonrepresented, Nurses, Security/Police