What is SEAP and how can it help me?
SEAP is a free assessment and referral service for State System employees and their family members; this includes everyone who lives in your house, as well as your parents, adult children, and siblings regardless of where they live.
Services are available 24/7 by calling 1-800-692-7459. Each university has a designated SEAP coordinator in the Human Resources Office who also can answer questions about the program. The services provided by SEAP are strictly confidential - your employer will not be notified unless you give written consent.
Available 24 hours a day
or log on to
access code: Pennsylvania
Access to licensed state-specific attorneys, including free unlimited phone consultations, and a free 30 minute face-to-face consultation with a referred Attorney. Ongoing representation by an attorney is also available at a 25% discounted rate. View the legal services brochure.
SEAP offers free, confidential access to experts. Financial counseling services help you find answers to questions about budget planning, credit card debit, home buying, and more. View the financial services brochure.
What's included in your benefit:
- Unlimited use of the SEAP hotline at no cost to you.
- Up to four face-to-face sessions for you (and each family member who accesses SEAP) with a SEAP counselor for each issue or problem, and the benefit renews each calendar year. (Remember, you must call SEAP first to have all visits pre-approved.)
- Free telephonic financial or telephonic legal consultation, which you can access by calling the SEAP hotline.
- SEAP provides discounted legal mediation services.
- Access information on the Live and Work Well website as often as you want at no charge.