Up to 1 Year of Service - 4% of regular hours paid, 10.4 days per year
1-15 Years of Service - 6% of regular hours paid, 15.6 days per year
15-25 Years of Service - 8% of regular hours paid, 20.8 days per year
Over 25 Years of Service - 10% of regular hours paid, 26 days per year
- Up to 45 days of unused leave may be carried from one year to the next
- Leave in excess of 45 days not used within the first seven pay periods of the new leave calendar year will be converted to sick leave
- Payment for unused leave at termination/retirement
6% of regular hours paid, 15.6 days per year
- Unused leave may be carried from one year to the next
- Unlimited accumulation
- Employees who meet certain criteria may be eligible for a payout of their sick leave upon retirement. Refer to the Retirement Guide for details.
Bereavement and Sick Family Leave
Death of relative - 3-5 days depending on relationship
Sickness of immediate family - 5 days per calendar year
Sick family absence may be used when an illness or injury of an immediate family member requires the employee's personal attendance or for medical appointments of immediate family members when that family member is physically unable to drive a vehicle or is otherwise unable to get to the medical facility without the employee's absence. Up to one full shift of sick family absence may be used when a family member is having surgery. Sick family absence cannot be used for the time an employee's family member is hospitalized, unless a doctor certifies that the employee's presence is needed. Sick family absence cannot be used to watch well children, when the primary caregiver is sick but does not require the employee's care.
Immediate family is defined as husband, wife, child, stepchild, foster child, parent, brother or sister of the employee. Sick family may be used for a child to whom the employee serves as legal guardian.
6 days per year.
- Personal leave not used within the leave calendar year in which it was earned may be carried over for the first seven pay periods of the next leave calendar year. Any days not used within the first seven pay periods of the next leave calendar year will be lost.
- Payment for unused accrued leave at termination/retirement